Paleo/Zone Snack Attack!
Here are a few snack recipes for you all to enjoy! If anyone has any additional recipes they love let me know at the box and I will post them!Cilantro and Lime Crab Salad in Avocado Halves:
- 1/2 cup lump crab meat
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp red onion, diced finely
- 1-2 tsp jalapeño, diced finely
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Juice from 1 lime
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Dash of cumin
- 1 avocado, cut in half, pit removed
Combine the lump crab meat, lemon/lime juice, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, lime zest, lime juice, sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and cumin together. Spoon the crab mixture into each avocado half and serve immediately.
***You could use mayo in the crab mixture if you would like
- 2 apples
- Remove apple core.
- Thinly slice the entire apple.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place apple slices on it.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 275 degrees for two hours. At the end of hour one flip them over so they bake evenly.
Homemade Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1/4 cups Olive or Coconut Oil
- 5 whole Large Sweet Potatoes, Sliced Thin (about 1/8″ Thick)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine all seasonings with oil in a bowl.
Add sliced sweet potatoes.
Toss to coat the potatoes well.
On ungreased baking sheets, lay sweet potato slices in a single layer.
On the lower rack, bake for 10-12 minutes, then turn all potato slices over.
Continue baking until golden brown, about 10 more minutes. (Watch carefully to make sure potatoes don’t burn. Depending on your oven, you may need to cut baking time short or add a few more minutes to desired crispness.)
- 4 ripe Haas avocados
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 8 dashes Tobasco sauce
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, and small-diced
- 1lb. bacon
Cut the avocados in 1/2, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl.
Immediately add the lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well.
Using a sharp knife, slice through the avacodos in the bowl until they are finely diced.
Add the tomatoes.
Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.
Fry up the bacon and serve to dip in the Guac it is AMAZING!
- 2 Bunches Fresh Kale
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder (additional dried ground spices to your taste)
Preheat oven to 325
Separate Kale leaves.
Cut leafy part away from the tough stem.
Cut leafy parts into tortilla chip sized pieces.
Wash and dry kale, pat away any remaining water with a paper towel
Place into a bowl and drizzle over olive oil, toss to coat
Place in single layer on baking sheet (it’s ok if the leaves overlap a little)
Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and any other spice you’re using
Bake 12-15 minutes until crisp to touch
Watch VERY carefully as to not burn the chips, if the edges are getting brown remove from oven
No-Bake Energy Bites (NOT paleo b/c of the oats by very healthy still and super good!)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup mini organic dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanila
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.
- Let chill in refrigerator for a least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll into balls
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week
- Egg Muffins (Mini-quiche)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (If you eat dairy, if not leave it out)
- 1/4 pound ground cooked meat (sausage or bacon chopped)
- 1/4 of a red pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat over to 350
- Add a little olive oil and coat six muffin cups (or you can just use paper muffing liners)
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl
- Add in vegetables, cheese (if using), and bacon/sausage
- Bake them for 18-20 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Don’t overcook them or they’ll be overly dry.
- Makes six egg muffins can easily be doubled or tripled to make many more.
- Super easy and great to have on hand for a quick snack when you are on the go!